CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

fredag 3. juli 2009

Stampin' for the Weekend - Guest Designer

Challenge #5 "Double or Nothing"

This week over at Stampin' for the Weekend we have two sketches to choose between.



I chose to play with the lovely sketch made by Kimmi.
My card opens by "splitting" the sketch.

Here is the other lovely sketch, made by Donna.



Turquoise and brow is, I think, my favourite colour combo.
Layered images I just descovered over at A Scrapjourney,
and I just had to try it out:O) Thanks for the inspiration, Debby.
Combined with Kimmi's sketch, here is my card.


Inside the card there is room for writing a personal note.
I have also stamped a sentiment from Stempelglede "Friendship" on the inside.
(Friendship is the source to the big pleasures).
I think this sentiment goes well with the Sarah Kay image
"Best Friends Forever!"
I have coloured the image with my Derwent Watercolour Pencils and waterbrush.
The borders are punched with Geo Punch "Lace" and "Cosmos".
I have used Turquoise Bazzill Basic for the card.
Patterned papers are from Heritag, Panduro and unbleach Bazzill.
Sentiment on the front is from Making Memories.
The flowers are from my stash, the crochet flower I have made.
Skeleton leaves and a butterfly, bought in a local store.
All edges are Distressed with Distress Ink "Walnut stain".

As always, on the backside I have used my personal "Handmade by" stamp from Scrapmagasinet.

This is my second week as a Guest Designer with SFTW.
Thank you all, it has been fun!

Thanks for stopin' by:O) Please pop over to Stampin' for the Weekend,
and have a look at the lovely cards made by the Design Team.
Hope you will take part in this weeks challenge. Good luck!


17 kommentarer:

Hanna's kreative rom sa...

Dette var et nydelig & vakkert kort! Enda et nytt lekkert kort fra deg;-) Ha en fin sommerdag videre!

Juleskrulla sa...

Så HYGGELIG kort! Morsomt at det åpnes på midten.

:)
Camilla

Donna sa...

A really beautiful card Nancy, love the vintage looking papers and the flowers are gorgeous. The image is simply fantastic with the layering you've done on it, and colored so wonderfully too. The inside looks lovely as well. Thanks for being our guest designer for the past two weeks, I hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have enjoyed your beautiful cards.
hugs
Donna xx

Merethe sa...

Heisann
Så utrolig artig kort! Fargene er jo bare superlekre;-) I dag har jeg tenkt å følge ditt råd, ta med meg fargesaker ut i solen og fargelegge stempeltrykkene;-) Kanskje det blir litt fart på sakene her i huset da... Har også en del møbler som skal pusses opp. På tide å få unna det og mens finværet er her...
Takker for utfordringen, Honesty Scrap. Tar den på strak arm;-)
Håper du får en strålende helg i fine været;-)
Klem fra Merethe

RitaK sa...

Kjempenydelige Sarah Kay-kort, og flotte farger. Er glad i turkisblått om dagen jeg :-)

POPPET sa...

Hi Nancy, another gorgeous creation you have made here, love the image and how you have 3d her really makes her stand out, the papers are fab and go perfect with this image, hugs Pops x x x

Valems sa...

Wow, your card is beautiful, Nancy! I love the cute Sarah Kay image and the great colour cobo. Fabulous papers and flowers.
Thanks for being our guest designer :)
Hugs, Vanja

Kari sa...

Hei nvennen!Nydelig kort som alltid!! :)
Stemplet er nydelig farget og stilig med åpning sånn :)Lekre ark:)

Takk for Honest Scrap...må bare få igjen normal temp etter handleturen..hihi...
Stoor og varm klem :))

Nicola sa...

Wow your card is awesome Nancy. I adore your colouration of this sweet Sarah Kay image and your papers are beautiful. I love how you have "split" the sketch which opens into a fabulous insert. I have so enjoyed working with you sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kimmi sa...

Afternoon Nancy

First a HUGE THANKYOU for being our guest designer for the last two weeks. I just love your cards! Thank you for saying yes! We've loved having you aboard!

Your card this week is gorgeous! I love the image and the way you have layered her. Your colouring is fabulous and your take on my sketch is fabulous! I love the way your card opens! and those flowers - wow - simply beautiful!

Hugs

Kimmi x

crafty amy sa...

Hiya Nancy,
This is such a beautiful card you have blown me away I love the way it opens that is such a brilliant take on Kimmi's sketch and the decoupaged image is so sweet and amazingly done.

Hugs

X Amy X

Riet sa...

What a beautiful card Nancy,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.
L love them all.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott sa...

Oh my Nancy this is just stunning!
Wonderful use of the sketch and your image is so beautiful!
Fabulous detail and design!
Have a wonderful weekend!
hugs
kim x

CraftyC sa...

This is so sweet Nancy. I just love the beautiful colours and your image is gorgeous. So nice to have you with us at SFTW, and I've made another cyber friend!!
Clairex

Vicki sa...

WOW!!!! what a wonderful creation Nancy and such a lovely interpretation of Kimmi's sketch. I really do love those vintage papers, plus the way you have coloured then 3d the image adds such lovely dimension to you card. Gorgeous flowers and embellishments and your card looks amazing on the insdie too. xx vicki xx

Minx sa...

Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog.. your card is just lovely, and OMG what a great way to open it too :O)

Sandy Hulsart sa...

Waht a beautiful card, congratulations on your guest designer spot. How clever to make this into a tri-fold card. Your coloring is gorgeous. And thanks for stopping by my blog, this was a fun challenge.